ALDI will host a one-day hiring spree on Monday, Sept. 17, for all store locations in Asheville. These hiring events will focus on filling more than 100 positions across the Asheville, Greenville and Georgia region. Known for offering market-leading wages and health insurance, ALDI is one of the fastest growing retailers in the U.S., creating new opportunities for people locally and nationwide.
ALDI is nationally recognized for its commitment to employees. The company offers generous wages and benefits that are higher than the national average for the retail industry. In 2017, ALDI was named a National 2017 Top Workplace by Workplace Dynamics, which recognizes organizations with the highest employee engagement. Additionally, ALDI appeared on the Forbes list of America’s Best Large Employers for the fourth consecutive year in 2018.
ALDI operates nearly 1,800 stores in 35 states, with more growth planned. ALDI recently announced a $3.4 billion investment to increase store count to 2,500 locations and create 25,000 jobs by 2022. Through these hiring events, ALDI invites job seekers to join its growing team that helps more than 40 million people save money on high-quality food every month.
What: ALDI hiring events for all Asheville stores
Positions: Manager Trainee, Shift Manager, Store Associate
Where: ALDI locations in Asheville
When: Monday, Sept. 17, 2018
7:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
• Manager Trainee: $54,000 per year ($23.00 per hour averaging 45 hours per week), with an opportunity to earn $70,000 – $75,000 per year as a Store Manager, depending on location
· Shift Manager: $16.15 – $16.50 per hour, plus additional $4.50 per hour premium when performing manager duties. Base rate will increase after six months of employment
· Store Associate: $11.65 – $12.00 per hour, plus a pay increase after six months of employment
• Must be 18 years or older to apply
• High school diploma or GED preferred
• Must be available to work anytime between 6 a.m. and 10 p.m., Monday – Sunday
• Retail experience preferred
· Management experience preferred for Manager Trainees
• Ability to lift 45 pounds
ALDI Quick Facts:
• Employees averaging more than 25 hours per week are eligible for full health
insurance benefits and dental coverage
• All employees are invited to participate in ALDI 401(k) program
• Offers employees generous wages and benefits that are higher than the national average for the retail industry
· Awarded National 2017 Top Workplaces that recognizes organizations with the highest employee engagement
· Recently named to the Forbes list of America’s Best Large Employers for the fourth consecutive year in 2018